Today was a great example of how medical marijuana saves me.
I woke up nauseous, in a lot pain and with terrible anxiety. I thought maybe it would be another lost Sunday in bed.
Then, I took an edible.
My day turned into cleaning, dancing and writing. I was able to be me.
Most days involve dragging myself out of bed while in a lot of pain. I’ve been sick since I was about eight-years-old — which means I’ve tried pretty much every medication in the book.
Morphine. Demerol. Dilaudid. None of it cuts the pain. I’ve had it all orally, injected and continuously through the IV. For nausea, I’ve tried Zofran, Compazine, Reglan — doesn’t touch me. I still puke and feel horrible. And if one more person recommends Tums or Pepto, I’m going to scream. For migraines, I’ve done Topamax, Sumatriptan, Imitrex, Fioricet, narcotics, nerve blockers, Botox. And nada. These are all to name a few — excluding natural remedies and diet changes.
So, when I started using medical marijuana and discovering the various options it presented me with, it changed my life. Really. I can get out of bed. I can do simple things like the laundry and the dishes, without having to stop for a nap. I can eat a full, balanced meal. I can take a deep breath and let out a roaring laugh. I can see friends and dress up to go to my favorite restaurant.
All without pumping my body full of poison and causing other debilitating symptoms.
So, yeah. You bet I’m a stoner, pot head, space-cadet.
Strains | Methods I’m using now:
- Chem Dawg — Vaporized. Hybrid. Great for nausea and pain. Psychoactive qualities but strong against pain and anxiety. Potent for new users.
- Heavenly Haze — Vaporized. Hybrid. Great for nausea and pain. Psychoactive qualities but strong against pain and anxiety. Super chill.
- Hurricane — Flower. Hybrid. Awesome for pain but definitely gets you stoned. Gives me great giggles. This is awesome if you go to a party and everyone else is drinking. (Hey, sick people like to have fun too!)
- Sweet Tooth — Vaporized. Indica. Subtle. Eases pain. Good before bed. You’ll get the best sleep.
- Cubes — Edibles. Hybrid. Extended effects of anti-nausea/pain. Great for the weekend!
- Lord Jones CBD Lotion — Great for sore muscles and achey joints. Non-psychoactive.
Let me know your favorite strains and products in the comments!
TLDR; Jeff Sessions, keep your grimy paws off my pot.