Whether you’re still getting over the flu, are starting to get a cold, or just want a healthy — and slightly boozey — drink, this hot toddy is calling your name. I added a few adaptogenic ingredients with anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting benefits. Feel free to follow my rough recipe or add your own adaptogens for whatever your body might need!
- about 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- about 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ginger (grated, cubed, however you want it. I like mine extra spicy and aromatic because ginger is so good for your belly. I clean the ginger and cut off about an inch-long piece and dice it.)
- about 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (ground or sliced if you have some hanging around the house … you know, chillin’ turmeric.)
- lemon to taste
- 1 tsp of honey
- decaffeinated black tea (Caffeine can dehydrate you so I like to use decaffeinated Earl Grey)
- Boiling water
- your choice of whiskey
While your water is boiling add ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric and your tea bag to a mug. I don’t strain out the ginger because I like to get as much of it as I can.
Once water has boiled, pour into your mug and stir. Let tea steep for around 4 minutes.
Squeeze lemon into your toddy and allow it to cool off so as not to burn off the alcohol of the whiskey.
Stir in honey until it dissolves.
Once cooled, pour in however much whiskey you want (I won’t judge).
Sip, enjoy, heal! I recommend sitting in a lavender epsom salt bath while you indulge in your healthy treat.