Whether you’re still getting over the flu, are starting to get a cold, or just want a healthy — and slightly boozey — drink, this hot toddy is calling your name. I added a few adaptogenic ingredients with anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting benefits. Feel free to follow my rough recipe or add your own adaptogens for whatever your body might need!
- about 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- about 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ginger (grated, cubed, however you want it. I like mine extra spicy and aromatic because ginger is so good for your belly. I clean the ginger and cut off about an inch-long piece and dice it.)
- about 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (ground or sliced if you have some hanging around the house … you know, chillin’ turmeric.)
- lemon to taste
- 1 tsp of honey
- decaffeinated black tea (Caffeine can dehydrate you so I like to use decaffeinated Earl Grey)
- Boiling water
- your choice of whiskey
While your water is boiling add ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric and your tea bag to a mug. I don’t strain out the ginger because I like to get as much of it as I can.
Once water has boiled, pour into your mug and stir. Let tea steep for around 4 minutes.
Squeeze lemon into your toddy and allow it to cool off so as not to burn off the alcohol of the whiskey.
Stir in honey until it dissolves.
Once cooled, pour in however much whiskey you want (I won’t judge).
Sip, enjoy, heal! I recommend sitting in a lavender epsom salt bath while you indulge in your healthy treat.
I know what you’re thinking, “Karolina, why are you just now giving me winter advice?It’s almost February!” But if you live in the Northeast like me, winter could continue for at least another month. Plus, I wanted a couple of months to test out these products before I declared them lifesavers. So, cut me some slack.
Now let’s get into it. I have never in my life gone through an entire winter without staticky hair. Hair that sticks to my hats, sweaters — and when I have bangs — hair that’s plastered to my forehead. As you may know, I’ve battled with my hair my whole life (thinness, hair loss, dryness, etc. Read this if you want to know how I won that battle).
This winter, I changed things up and I experienced my first cold months sans-static.
Here’s what worked for me:
*full transparency* Virtue Labs sent me these products a couple of months ago. I started using them and fell absolutely in love after seeing the results. They’ve truly changed my hair, and in-turn my confidence and my life. I’ve decided to work with them after being seduced by their awesome products and ethical production.
Use code: KARO for 20% off.
- Virtue Labs The One For All 6-in-1 Styler: Use about a quarter-sized amount (depending on the length/thickness of your hair, your perfect product amount may change) on damp hair. Smooth through mid-shaft to ends. Comb through for a smoother look and scrunch for a wavier look OR style however you’d like!
- Virtue Labs The Perfect Ending Split End Serum: Just do what you did up there ^!
Pretty simple, huh? And it works beautifully. I now have stronger, more conditioned hair.
Bonus: If you have frizz and want to tame it, Ouai’s Smooth Spray is killer.